Effective as of June, 1, 2014, privately operated turbine-powered pressurized aeroplanes (type certificated for more than six passenger seats), jet aeroplanes and large aeroplanes (MCTOW greater than 12,566 lbs) operated for the purpose of transporting passengers or goods are required to hold a Transport Canada issued registration document.
We offer full service assistance to obtain a registration document and assistance to meet the requirements of the 604 regulations. Our services include:
- submission to Transport Canada for the registration document;
- submission to Transport Canada for special authorizations (previously known as operations specifications) including the required documentation;
- communication and coordination with Transport Canada as required;
- preparation of an Operations Manual (CBAA members: Customization of the CBAA Operations Manual template);
- preparation of an Safety Management Systems (SMS) Manual (CBAA members: Customization of the CBAA SMS Manual template);
- preparation of aircraft MEL (optional for 604 operations);
- assistance in developing a Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) operations;
- preparation of operational and training forms;
- preparation of company exam for Operations Manager, Chief Pilot and Maintenance Manager;
- preparation of audit checklist based on your company operation;
- preparation of SMS review checklist;
- use of a project tracker for the assignment and timeline of tasks; and,
- communication with private operator throughout the process.
For existing operators, we provide the following services:
- audits and SMS reviews;
- updating / amending Operations Manual, MEL, SMS Manual, and SOPs.